- Local Buy was created in 2001 by the Local Government Association of Queensland to help local governments with purchasing options.
- Using prequalified Local Buy suppliers has many benefits.
- There are essential areas businesses should check when deciding on a supplier.
- The supplier’s work practices give significant information on its capabilities.
What is Local Buy?
Local Buy was established in 2001 by the Local Government Association of Queensland to provide procurement solutions for local governments, government agencies, not-for-profits, and private entities. Local Buy connects buyers with prequalified Local Buy suppliers without needing to tender. This arrangement reduces risk and the administrative burden of contracting suppliers for activities undertaken regularly that are complex, expensive, and often high risk.
East Coast Mulching is pleased to announce that we have been approved as a Land Clearing Local Buy provider. We are delighted to have received certification as a prequalified supplier. Being a Local Buy provider has numerous advantages. They save money and time and reduce your risk as a buyer by purchasing through Local Buy.
Why use prequalified Local Buy suppliers?
There are several advantages to using prequalified Local Buy suppliers. Firstly, you can connect with a supplier directly to request a quote rather than using a tender process. Directly contacting suppliers saves you time and money. You also reduce your risk as suppliers must satisfy a thorough approval process assessing their efficacy before they’re appointed a Local Buy contract. They must also comply with the Local Government Act 2009 and the Local Government Regulation 2012.
What to look for in a prequalified supplier
There are several key areas businesses should assess when deciding on a supplier.
Experience and demonstrated technical ability
A prequalified supplier has met the specifications of Local Buy’s approval process. However, that doesn’t guarantee they will be the best fit for you. Here are some questions to ask to determine a supplier’s suitability for your requirements:
- How long have they been operating?
- How long have they been undertaking their current activities?
- Have they fulfilled similar projects to yours in the past?
- If so, how effectively did they complete the job?
- Did they complete the contract on time, within budget, and to satisfactory quality?
- Are they looking to increase or decrease the scope of their work?
- Do they have referees who can provide testimony?
- How have they innovated their practices over time?
High-value contracts carry many risks, and any suppliers you work with must have excellent financial management. A supplier who poorly manages their finances can cause work interruptions, unpaid subcontractors, and strained relations with the community and local governments.
The project’s scope will largely determine the depth of financial information the supplier should provide. This information may include their available funds, profitability, and other details from their financial records. Hiring an accountancy service may also be necessary to verify those records.
The supplier’s management systems and work practices provide significant information on its capabilities. Here are some things to consider:
- Can they show their commitment to safety and environmental concerns?
- How are they handling their current workload?
- What is their business strategy?
- What systems are in place to satisfy legislative requirements?
- How do they comply with industry standards and best practices?
- Are they up-to-date with necessary insurance policies?
Let’s work together
Local Buy recently appointed East Coast Mulching as a prequalified supplier. We are here to assist you with your forestry mulching needs. Our nomination to a Local Buy contract demonstrates their conviction that our business adheres to strict standards of business practice and legislative compliance.
We have worked extensively with private enterprises and local councils to deliver land clearing services that preserve the Sunshine Coast’s environmental heritage. Our clearing method has critical advantages over alternatives like prescribed burning and clearing and grubbing. These advantages include greater cost efficiency and less environmental impact.
Our greater cost efficiency comes from our ability to complete the job in less time and with minimal machinery and human resources. Turning vegetation into mulch is also more environmentally sustainable as we don’t disrupt soil and can promote new growth.
Are you interested in contracting us for a land clearing job? If our services sound helpful, contact us today.